Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reflections...



I keep thinking this will get easier with time. That I will get used to this.....but that is not the case. This has been the most trying week yet since all this began. But I also feel like this week has made me stronger. Everyday is an accomplishment. Everyday is one day closer to a new chapter in our lives. As much as I wish we could just fast forward through this to the next year, I am greatful for every day and every challenge we've overcome. There are days when I literally hate this to the point I feel sick to my stomach. There are days when I want to just pick up the phone and tell you something silly Cori did or just hear you laugh. There are days when I would watch Dukes of Hazard and Walker, Texas Ranger for 24 hour marathons if it meant you could be home with me. But when I have those days, I think about how much we have grown both individually and together through all of this. I've done things I never imagined I would ever do. I've met wonderful people I never would have met if we hadn't gone through this. I've learned to stand up for things I believe in and not just wait on things to change themselves. I've learned what commitment and devotion truly means on a totally different level than most people will ever experience. I've learned how to be patient (although Leah may disagree). I've always believed that everything happens in our lives for a reason. I've always believed we are faced with challenges and obstacles, so that we will learn about ourselves and truly grow from our experiences. This deployment has been the most challenging experience of my life, but has also been the most meaningful experience too. No matter how tough things become, I will keep in mind that this is a blessing. An opportunity. Our love has grown so much already, and I know tomorrow we will be even closer and stronger than today. Thank you for loving me the way you do.
Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

....and you have learned to send some AWESOME packages across the world…..and taught Melissa what to put in them! You are an amazing girl and I am reminded of it every time we talk. Hang in there girly! You are doing a great job! Remember this:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” [Jeremiah 29]
Love,
Melissa