Friday, July 20, 2007

My Life, My Soldier, My Best Friend....

Alone tonight I beg,
For the strength to make it through.
I'll admit I haven't prayed in years,
But what else can I do?
The order came just days ago,
It's come your time to leave.

Alone tonight it's killing me,
But this I cannot let you see.
I have until morning to find a way,
To smother all my tears.
I lost you once years ago,
Now it seems I am reliving all my fears.

I know tomorrow you'll stand tall,
Like you've been taught to do.
You'll hold your head up high and proud,
Like none of this bothers you.
Inside I know you're scared to death,
Of all the things to come.

But never will you question why,
For it's something that must be done.
So tomorrow when the time finally comes,
For us to say goodbye.

I'll stand just as proud as all the rest,
Not one tear will touch my eye.
Instead I'll kiss you one last time,
God knows when I'll get the chance again,
Until that time I'll be waiting for you patiently,
My Life, My Soldier, My Best Friend.

No comments: